The very best! Homemade Chocolate Babka is a baking undertaking like no other.
Today in this recipe, I’ll show you how to prepare Chocolate Babka or you can say that you will know the great recipe to make Chocolate Babka, today. So, without wasting time let’s start:
Time To Make It
The approximate time to make the Chocolate Babka is shown in table which is given below:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|3 Hrs||55 minutes||3 Hrs 55 minutes||3 loaves; 24 slices|
Ingredients To Make Chocolate Babka
To make the Chocolate Babka, the ingredients which are required to make this recipe are the following which are shown below:
To Make Streusel Topping:
- 1 and a third cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) room temperature unsalted butter
To Make Chocolate Babka:
- 1 and 1/2 cups warm milk (110°F)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1/4 oz.) packets active dry yeast
- 2 big room temperature egg yolks
- 1 and 3/4 cups (plus a pinch) sugar, granulated
- 3 big room temperature eggs
- heavy cream, 1 tablespoon
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the work surface
- 2 and 1/4 pounds coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- ground cinnamon, 2 and 1/2 tablespoons
- 1 and 3/4 cups (3 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 1-inch pieces, plus additional for basin and loaf pans
Instructions To Make Chocolate Babka
To make the Chocolate Babka, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the Chocolate Babka and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
For the Streusel Topping:
- Combine the sugar, flour, and butter in a large mixing basin. Stir with a fork until completely incorporated, with clumps varying in size from crumbs to 1 inch.
For the Babka:
- Fill a small basin halfway with warm milk. Sprinkle yeast and a sprinkle of sugar over milk and let aside for 5 minutes, or until frothy.
- In a mixing dish, combine 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, and egg yolks. Whisk the egg mixture into the yeast mixture.
- Combine flour and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer equipped with the paddle attachment. Add the egg mixture and beat on low speed for 30 seconds, or until virtually all of the flour is incorporated. Switch to the dough hook. Add 2 sticks butter and beat for 10 minutes, or until the flour mixture and butter are thoroughly mixed and a smooth, soft dough forms that is somewhat sticky when pressed.
- Knead the dough a few times on a lightly floured board until smooth. Butter a large mixing bowl. Turn the dough in the basin to coat it. Wrap securely with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in quantity.
- In a large mixing basin, combine the chocolate, remaining cup sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the remaining 1 1/2 sticks butter with two knives or a pastry cutter until thoroughly mixed; put filling aside.
- Butter and line three 9-by-5-by-2 3/4-inch loaf pans with parchment paper. Set aside the remaining egg and 1 tablespoon cream to make an egg wash. Punch the dough back and place it on a clean surface. Allow for a 5-minute rest. Cut into three equal halves. While working with the remaining piece, keep two sections wrapped in plastic wrap. Roll out the dough into a 16-inch square on a well-floured board; it should be 1/8 inch thick.
- Brush the edges with the remaining egg wash. Crumble 1/3 of the reserved chocolate filling over the dough, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edges. If necessary, refresh the egg wash. Roll the dough firmly, as if it were a jelly roll. To seal, pinch the ends together. Twist 5 to 6 times. Brush the top of the roll with the egg wash. Crumble 2 tablespoons filling over the left side of the roll, taking care not to let the mixture fall off. Fold the roll’s right half over onto the coated left side. Fold the ends in and pinch to close. Twist roll twice and place in prepared pan. Rep with the remaining two pieces of dough and filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush the tops of the loaves with the egg wash. Crumble a third of the streusel topping on top of each loaf. Cover each pan loosely with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm location for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bake loaves for 55 minutes, turning halfway through, until brown. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the babkas are deep brown. Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool. Serve immediately after removing from the pans.
Conclusion (Chocolate Babka)
So, this is all about “Chocolate Babka” from our side. And we hope that you understand and like the Recipe. Please share your ideas and recommendations in the comments section below!
Thank you for your precious time!